Main Stories
Slash Boxes

Slash Open Source Project

Slashcode Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

Article Poll

Poll I found this article to be
Very Helpful
Helpful
Not Helpful
Not Very Helpful
[ Results | Polls ]
Comments:0 | Votes:0

Apache Advanced Extranet Server (mod_perl proxied)

posted by Krow on 07:05 AM July 25th, 2001   Printer-friendly   Email story
ttyp0 writes "I'm running Mandrake with Apache Advanced Extranet Server, which proxies all mod_perl requests to seperate apache processes to increase speed and effeciency. However, I'm having an extremely difficult time getting my slashsite working on it. Has anyone done this successfuly, if so, what's the secret!?"
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login
Loading... please wait.
  • I was able to come up with a hack, although it's probably not the best way.

    In httpd.conf:
    ...
    <IfDefine PERLPROXIED>
            RewriteEngine on
            RewriteRule ^proxy:.* - [F]
            RewriteRule ^/(\w+)\.pl(.*) http://%{HTTP_HOST}:8200/$1.pl$2 [P]
    </IfDefine>
    ...

    In your Vhosts.conf
    ...
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteOptions inherit

    <IfModule mod_perl.c>
    PerlHandler Apache::Registry

    PerlModule Slash
    PerlModule Slash::Apache
    PerlModule Slash::Apache::User
    PerlModule Slash::Apache::Log
    PerlModule Slash::Display::Plugin
    PerlModule Image::Size
    PerlModule Slash::DB::MySQL

    PerlModule Slash::Journal
    PerlModule Slash::Search

    LimitRequestBody 275000

            PerlSetupEnv On
            PerlSetEnv TZ GMT

            SlashVirtualUser slash

            PerlAccessHandler Slash::Apache::User
            PerlLogHandler Slash::Apache::Log
           
    </IfModule>
    ...
  • I fought with this last week, until after a few hours I read a comment in the configuration files saying that if the apache fileset is removed, then the httpd-perl daemon will take its place (while still using the perl config file). I got it all up and running within minutes of doing just this.