Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments

Slash Open Source Project

This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login
Loading... please wait.
  • by Googly (4861) on Wednesday February 19 2003, @06:01PM (#5749)
    I'm talking to myself, but I've sort of overcome this issue - by simply ignoring the tests. Firstly, a couple of the modules were failing because I didn't use UNINST=1 (yes, I'm embarrassed).
    libapreq, however, staunchly refused to pass its tests. After much digging under the hood, I discovered it was due to some privilege problem with apache when libapreq was going through its tests. The test phase launchs httpd with a test httpd.conf file that it creates, and I'm getting forbidden errors when the test tries to execute the test .pl scripts.
    I've not been able to solve the privilege problem. I'm installing libapreq as root, and apache is being run as nobody/nogroup & all the files within the documentroot have nice open permissions rwxr-x-r-x for the test .pl scripts, and rw-r--r-- for everything else. In the end I just forced an install and hoped for the best.

    It seems to work.