NOTE: This entry is marked as a 'bug', not
so much because of a slash bug (i don't think), but because of a bug i have with slash [read: i'm currently working on a current bug i wrote in slash]. i'm mostly writing it down here cuz i need to articulate somewhere, and if that place is here, then at least someone in the know might notice it and post a helpful comment
The trouble i'm having is with a search-like functionality. similar to the search.pl module, i've built an extra 'opcode' onto the users.pl module which searches a specific subset of the users table (ie. those with a specific flag set in one of the fields). The intent is to search only those users that are marked, by a variety of search fields that the user of the site fills in.
i think that the problem i'm having is related to 'formkeys', which i dont really understand too well, but what happens is this: you fill in the form fields, click 'Go!' to do the search, and then the applet prints both the original search fields and a table of results.
the special features we want in the results are these: the table columns should be links that re-display the *current* table of results sorted by that column. similarly, links in the actualy data fields of the table need to be links to *subsearches* of the current search results.
so what i need is a way to get the results (or maybe just the search string or sql tidbit that got said results) incorporated into the links (so that they are sent when those links are clicked) throughout the table of results as it is printed.