Slashcode Log In
Customization Wish List
We're just experimenting with the Slashcode, to see if we can make it behave. Roll over, Spot. So far what we've seen playing around with it is fantastic. We have some excellent help from one of Canada's best & brightest code guy, Neil Bortnak.
Some of the things we want to see if we can do to make Slashcode behave are:
1) more customization. We want Digital Desk to look more like Digital Desk & less like Cmdr. Taco's vision (no offence, Commander!).
2) better graphic insertion. we need a certain amount of eye candy to keep the non-techies coming back
3) A way of giving more prominence to the articles we write than what is written by the general public (yeah we believe in democracy but what's good about good journalism is our independence & investigative thoroughness. Trust is only earned after years of doing good work).
4) Some sort of 'knowledge well' that visitors can dip into where articles are catalogued by subject, quality, and authoritativeness.
5) A tool that will help us create a variety of online applications forms. We run contests & various interactive opportunities where we want contestants to tell us about their qualifications, etc.
And a lot of other stuff.
Our current site is quite successful in Canada in terms of traffic and public awareness, but it's a dog to keep refreshed (we post 2 - 4 original news articles 5 days a week).
We are really excited by the prospects of using Slashcode & would like to hear from anybody who might have some ideas on how to perfomr some radical customization.