Slashcode Log In
Upcoming XHTML/Accessibility Slash theme
I'm working on a theme based on the slashcode theme from CVS. The main goal with this theme is making Slash (more) accessible, usable and comply with the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0.
- Make Slash valid XHTML 1.1
- Control layout with a external style-sheet ( should be valid Cascading Style Sheets, level 2 )
- Remove all tables that are used for design
- Use <th> tags in all tables
- Add the <label> tag to all form labels
- use <h1>..<h6> to add structure to pages, not to get larger fonts
- add <abbr> and <acronym> tags where needed
- Remove light mode, since it won't be needed anymore
I hope that I can finish this and do a first release real soon. This will also include a more complete list of changes.
Since many of the Slashcode.com users have their own Slash sites, it would be interesting to hear if someone has some experience in making Slash more accessible / usable that they are willing to share. Any questions about the theme should be added as comment to this story and/or mailed directly to me.