Slash Boxes

Slash Open Source Project

This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
More | Login
Loading... please wait.
  • If you have contacted your state chapter of the ACLU and you think that is not going to result in timely action, I would consider calling your state legislative representatives, your Senators, and your Congressional representative. I would briefly explain the situation to a staff person, and I would follow up with a formal letter to each.

    I would ask them to request a written explanation from the university of any administrative action which affects your academic standing and/or your progress toward a degree.

    This type of inquiry is performed by elected representatives, and is often referred to as constituent service. It often makes people at very high levels in a bureaucracy sit up and take notice. I have used this technique to get a state department of labor and a major utility off my back. The incidents I am referring to were separate situations where these organizations started actions against me which were based on mistakes that they had made.

    On a separate note, I get the sense that you do not have personal legal counsel in this matter. If that is the case, you ought to find someone to represent you immediately. IMHO, an experienced lawyer would offer you better advice about engaging the ACLU and related issues than the readers of this site can (including me).



    Dave Aiello
    Chatham Township Data Corporation []