Slash Open Source Project
|Title || ||Slash in CSS/XHTML? -- Sure!|
|Date || ||Thursday March 04 2004, @09:44AM|
|Author || ||Cliff|
|Topic || |
wiswaud notes: "Following this article in A List Apart, which rewrites (statically) a Slashdot homepage from HTML tables to CSS/XHTML, what are the chances we'll see this implemented in Slash? ALA calculates that this might bring savings of 10GB of bandwidth PER DAY, while making each reload a little faster for everyone. It would also make Slash-generated pages more accessible, as CSS makes it possible to show as little or as much formatting as a device supports. Furthermore, while I've never delved into the Slash, I would tend to think that, while it might be quite an endeavour to do the conversion, the code would actually end up being clearer and easier to follow, as the formatting would be separated from the content..." Well, wiswaud -- looks like some one agrees with you. For those interested in a new CSS-aware theme for Slash...read on.
Elixss - A CSS Theme for Slash
gugod announces: "After weeks of template editing, I've just finished my CSS Slash theme, called 'Elixss'. Take a look at these pages, located on the main development and testing site, and also this secondary site.
I've also adapted a JS style switcher with lots of
alternative styles, to show-off the ability of having a totally different layout. You may download my work from
here (thanks to autrijus and elixus for providing the Perforce server). It's a Chinese-enabled Slash system, but you can only install the Elixss theme in it to your site. It is still a work in progress, as many other templates need to be tuned. Please send any suggestions you may have to me".
- "this article" - http://www.slashcode.com/relocate.pl?id=9f3ecc1dbdaba8a432b8761fe307f046
- "A List Apart" - http://www.slashcode.com/relocate.pl?id=98637930e784455255ac197d02d1befe
- "these pages" - http://www.slashcode.com/relocate.pl?id=5ef7e8d7b9540cdc0242377cb432bfec
- "this secondary site" - http://www.slashcode.com/relocate.pl?id=9cc10bc60f1953545028b584a89a5ad5
- "here" - http://www.slashcode.com/relocate.pl?id=e9e497ee14e1166fa715c66f5d823696
- "me" - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
© Copyright 2012
- Me, All Rights Reserved
printed from Slashcode, Slash in CSS/XHTML? -- Sure! on 2012-02-07 00:21:05